Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Replacing a handset - kx-tga660 ... Due to the sound stopped

Customer Question

Hello, replacing a handset - kx-tga660 b... Due to the sound stopped working. One handset quit working. We have 6 phones which is the maximum on this set. So, do we need to deregister that one?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with this system.

So may I ask:

1) If the six handsets that you had were BEFORE getting the replacement handset (making the total now seven, including the new one)?

2) What it the model number of the MAIN BASE UNIT of the system?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is tg6641 b
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still there?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Sorry for any delay.

OK - you WILL have to "deregister" the failing handset number from the base - to "make room" for the replacement handset.

Do you have the instructions to do that, or do you have the manual for the ORIGINAL SYSTEM handy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I can get a manual online?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can get the manual online.

But may I ask if you can find a slightly different model number on the MAIN BASE UNIT - such as KX-TG6645?

I just want to get you the right manual.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did I just get charged 26.00 for you to tell me to refer to a manual? And is there add'l charges?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

We experts do not have any access to any of your private information, including any deposits made.

And my answer is NOT to refer to the manual, but if you want the manual, I can get you a link to it.

The "answer" is yes, you will need to deregister the one handset from the main base, to make space for the new one.

And I have an image of that section of the manual that tells the steps needed to do that (you may have to click the attachment to see the image).

Please take a look at those steps and let me know if you can perform them - using a WORKING handset that is already registered to the base.

And let me know if you have any other questions or if something does not work for you.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's going on... I just got charged 5.00, then 21.00... Where were your charges post?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I'm calling discover to dupe the 21.00 charge, leave the 5.00...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Disputes...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not dupe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you employed by Panasonic?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

As I mentioned above, we experts have NO ACCESS to any of your private information, including any deposits (or charges) on your account.

We are users - just like you - and can not view other users information.

But you may be able to use the "My Account" link on your side of the system, to see any of that information.

By the way, I have a link to the electronic version of the FULL manual for your system - if you would like that.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok...
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I will assume you want the link to the electronic (PDF) version of the manual, so I have provided it below.

NOTES:

a) You MAY need a PDF viewer program, if your computer does not have one built in already (most computers DO have this).

b) You MAY have to highlight the ENTIRE link, and then right-click on that - to either show the manual in a new tab or window, or SAVE the file to your computer, where you can open it from the saved location.

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/telephone/om/kx-tg663x_kx-tg664x_mul_om.pdf

Please let me know if you have any trouble with the manual OR deregistering your old handset and registering the new one.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-