Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a Panasonic KXT -7456 phone system. It has four

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic KXT -7456 phone system. It has four lines, one of which is a dedicated fax line. All lines work perfectly except my main line. It goes immediately to voice mail, or rings three times and then goes to a fax tone. It is not verizon issue - i have worked extensively with their repair people. when the lines are disconnected from the system, everything works fine. it is an problem with the system. how can i get the system serviced?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

It sounds like you've got a problem with the trunk line programming in the pbx system OR there is a fault in the wiring to the pbx (something may have come loose, etc).

As an initial step, you can unplug power to the pbx server for 5 minutes for a soft reset.

If that does not help, the next step would be having a panasonic installer/tech come out to reload/reprogram the system. They do this with special admin software on a laptop. A reprogram of a 4 line system would typically be about an hour job and an average labor or service call cost of around $100. If you'll let me know your zip code, I can help you find a suitable nearby tech.