Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a Panasonic KXTGA106 phone and would like to know if

Customer Question

Hey there, I have a Panasonic KXTGA106 phone and would like to know if I can block my number when calling others? Thank you
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any trouble you may be having.

May I ask what phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ATT uverse A yes or no answer would suffice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.***-***-****
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

For some reason, I'm not seeing any way to accept your call request, plus I don't have an available phone to call you right now.

BUT, I do think I have an answer for you.

First, it is the SERVICE that allows you to block YOUR outgoing Caller ID - and not the device (the phone) that does that. That is why I asked what provider you had, as it is the provider that MAY offer this feature.

Now depending on the "package" you have for your U-Verse system and services, you MAY be able to block your Caller ID when making OUTGOING calls - either one at a time OR for all calls. Again, this will depend on your service package & what features are supported.

But to be able to TRY this, I have a link to a page that shows the "Features & Star Codes" below. Please take a look and scroll to about the middle of the page where you should see "Caller ID Blocking (single call)", and that should show you what to try.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401850&cv=814

NOTE: I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you TRY this single call by calling another phone you have that displays the Caller ID (like a cell phone) and TEST that the star code for this feature actually works.

Please let me know your results or if you have any more questions.

If this works and has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

NOTE: The single call option would be the first thing to TEST.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

(im)