Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I can hear the caller clearly, but they can't hear me. The

Customer Question

I can hear the caller clearly, but they can't hear me. The mute button is off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Phone is a KX-TG5576M
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing just answer.

Does this problem happen on BOTH phones?

Ad yes...removing the phone jack from the wall MAY have dislodged the wires. YOu will want to check to make sure there are no loose, or un-done wires at the jack.

Phone calls are 2-way communication called Tip and Ring....or Transmit and Receive. The wires for the Transmit, I would assume, ave become dislodged, or are grounding out. Again.....re-check the wires behind the phone wall plate

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it happens on both phones. we haven't used that jack in years, that's why I removed it. Like I said, one phone is on base and plugged into jack in bedroom, while the other is in living room plugged into wall socket.

Did the problem happen at the same time that you removed the kitchen wall jack?

Also....what you may not know...is that sometimes....the phone cables will daisy chain from one jack to another. Byremoving the kitchen wall jack...you may have inadvertly caused the chain to break.

Also....I don't think there is anyway to troubleshoot this over a chat session, nor over the phone. YOu need tools to troubleshoot phone cables that are in the wall. Since the wall is already patched....ther is no way to know if there is a daisy chain....unless you reopen the wall

I don't think you can get help here....you will need an onsite technician....unfortunately.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

My apologies for any delay in getting you an appropriate reply. Your question was mistakenly routed to the computer category here, but you've now been reassigned to me, a phone tech.

I have to disagree with the prior tech. If the phone system has been working well up until now, this is not likely to be a wiring issue, and there is no need to tear into the walls.

You have a cordless phone system, and both are working off of the same base station and ultimately the same all jack.

A more important question for diagnostic purposes would be: Do you have any other phone, outside of the panasonic cordless system, that you can use to test the line (On any available wall jack)? A basic corded or wall phone would be ideal. If you can test that, we can diagnose this more reliably.