Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

My Panasonic reads that I have a new voice mail on the

Customer Question

My Panasonic reads that I have a new voice mail on the display screen. However, I don't remember my pin number to access the message.
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Who is your phone carrier/provider?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AT&T
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the pin is not a function of the panasonic phone system.

It is a security feature of the voicemail service.

Typically a pin isn't required to check your messages from home.

Pick up the line and dial *98 and it should route you into your voicemail system.

If it prompts for a pin and you don't know it, you'll need to call ATT and ask them to change/reset the pin for you.

For security reasons no one knows what your pin is so neither I nor ATT can tell you it, but only reset it.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Once you have your pin (if needed) I can help you program the panasonic system (give me the full model number of the base station) so it can store the pin for you and auto dial your voicemail to more easily check your messages.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to reset it myself. thank you
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome.

Would you like to program the system, or use the pin manually?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what does programming the system do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, I don't think 'm interested thank you I need to leave
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope I don't get charged, since I fixed the problem myself
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

No problem, you can come back to me later if you need more information.

Regarding the fee, you've already paid the agreed upon amount to correspond with me.

The information I gave you included the steps that would have got you to the reset process.

Even just by dialing in through the access code I gave you could do the reset, as well as by contacting att, or doing so via your account online.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

The programming is so that you can press the VM key on your handset and have it automatically dial you into the voicemail system and enter your pin for you. It lets you check your messages by pressing just a single button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree with the $5.00 charge, which I thought would be the amount, but I don't agree with the $21.00 charge. There wasn't that much conversation
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The fee is based on the amount you agree to, when you indicate the urgency and level of detail needed.

I have no control over the fee, it was at your choosing.

I have been here working to help you for the past 45 minutes to continue our conversation. I receive only a small fraction of the fee for my time.

Had you been unwilling to pay, or pay only $5, and noted such up front, neither myself nor any other expert would have been able to spend this time with you, as this is how I make my living.

I'm happy to help you with the rest of the steps to setup the phone. But the initial question of the need and process to contact att for a pin reset was the requested answer that was provided.

I apologize for any confusion, however the fee should have been made clear at several steps along the way.

Ultimately payment is up to your discretion and conscience. If you feel it is fair and reasonable to utilize my time and services at little or no expense, you may contact customer service to request an adjustment or refund.

If you opt to follow through with the arrangement you initially agreed to, as I did, then you may complete the rating step, which rates the service I have personally provided, and prompts the site to credit me a small portion of your fee for my work.

Best regards,