Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Model # KX-TGA410: The speakers on 2 of 4 handsets have

Customer Question

Model # *****: The speakers on 2 of 4 handsets have stopped working. Is there any fix?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are they not ringing? Are you unable to hear the other caller at all? What about in speakerphone mode?
Can the other party still hear you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any mode that requires the speaker does not work, e.g., ringing, talking caller ID, listening to menus, listing to a caller in the speaker mode. I don't know if the caller can hear me since I've not tried to talk in the speaker mode when I know it's not working. I can hear a caller, a person called and menus through the earpiece when ot in the speaker mode.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming,

there is one setting that could possibly affect this, which is the speaker volume.

While the line is ringing (not in standby, but not yet in talk mode), repeatedly press the up arrow button to increase the speaker/ringer volume.

If that doesn't do it, then the internal speaker (the larger one in the back) is faulty, and the handset would have to be replaced (they cannot be repaired).

You can order replacements here: http://amzn.to/1MUowue

However for the cost of replacing 2 handsets, you may want to just consider replacing the entire system at about the same cost, and getting a fresh warranty and updated features in the process: http://amzn.to/1KWgyjx

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.