Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I 't have a manual panasonic phone #KXTGE270. The phones

Customer Question

I don't have a manual for my panasonic phone #KXTGE270. The phones have now started "crackling". Can anything be done. This cordless system was purchased in late 2014, and I think the people cleaning for us threw out the manual.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.

May I ask:
1) WHEN this issue first began?
2) How many TOTAL handsets do you have with this system and if you hear the "crackling" on ALL of the handsets?
3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line (not part of the cordless system)?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1) About 3-4 days ago2) 53) Verizon4) fax/ alarm system
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

May I ask

1) if you hear this "crackling" on ALL handsets? and

2) on ALL CALLS?

3) Have you had any weather events (rain, wind, etc.) in your area about the same time this all started?

I only ask because most of the time, the most common cause of "noises" on the line are related to the physical phone lines - and the connection(s) to them.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

By the way, if you need a copy of the manual for this system, I have a link below to the electronic (PDF) version. That should display on your screen when using the link.

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/telephone/om/kx-tg_mul_om.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has been one of the most exasperating of my lifetime. I was not allowed access, because I could not remember my password. The "temporary" passwords sent to me contained an 0 which I tried as a number and a letter to now avail - the second one contained a 1 or l - (I couldn't tell) - and neither worked! I was requested to give ALL of my CREDIT CARD information - and then told I could NOT GET INTO THE SITE because my password ***** not correct. I will tell anyone who will listen - and I am confident there are many - NOT TO USE THIS SITE. I cannot rate this "expert", as I did not really get a
response!!!!!!!!!!! I am not about to pay another technician an added $18 for no resolution to my problem.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

We experts have no control over the site operation (we are users - just like you), so I have sent a note to Customer service here to try and resolve the access issues you are having.

Please let me know when these issues are resolved and we can continue.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

It appears that your question has been put back on the list.

Did anyone from the site here contact you, and are you ready to continue to figuring out what the phone issue is?

Please let me know.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)