Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I also have Panasonic kx-tg2357 and deleted my messages and

Customer Question

i also have Panasonic kx-tg2357 and deleted my messages and one was from my dad who recently passed away. from all the sites i have been to a it looks like the messages are gone forever is that true
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear about this situation.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I'm very sorry to tell you that the messages are gone, yes. Unfortunately they cannot be retrieved, at least not in any practical terms. There is no mechanism for retrieving a deleted message, you cannot restore them yourself. Once they are deleted, the messages are, for all intents and purposes, gone. These machines are very basic, and don't have a "recycle bin" that can be accessed like your computer does.

If it was recent and no new messages have overwritten it, you have a better chance of recovery though. To do so, you'd need to take the machine in to a data recovery specialist. There are often local shops, with names like Data Doctors, they specialize in retrieving lost information from computer hard drives, memory cards, etc. They may be able to pull something off, if the messages haven't been overwritten, though the process is time consuming (often many weeks), and expensive (several hundred $), and would require dismantling the machine to the point it couldn't be used again. In theory, if they could extract the files, they'd copy them to a CD for you for long term storage.

So overall, while this is a remote possibility, the probability is high that you'll never be able to get these back. I apologize for being the bearer of bad news here, unfortunately there is no other practical way around this, these machines simply aren't designed for long term archival and don't make any accommodations at all for un-deleting, which I've confirmed previously with engineers at all the major phone system manufacturers, as this is a common problem.

Also, while you may not be able to get these messages back, a suggestion I'd make for the future is to switch from an answering machine to a voicemail service through your phone/cable company. Especially in cases of digital phone service, you can often access and archive your messages online, which would allow you to save any important messages to your computer or a disc, to ensure their long term preservation.

If you are prepared to spend $500+ to have the memory extracted, I can recommend some firms that may be able to take this case on, just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i expected you to say that. I saw on a site the same exact answer given to someone else but, i still had to try. thank you anyway. id like to request a refund and just give you a smaller tip for your time and 5 stars
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm here.

Unfortunately, the site does not really work that way. If you saw this exact same answer, it was my own personal work that had been copied or shared without my permission.

As for the payment process, I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

If you opt for a refund, I'm left working for free to answer you. The fee is fixed and based on the urgency and level of detail you indicate when posting your question, and even then I get only a small portion for my work. With all due respect, had you stated up front that you were unwilling to pay for the answer, or would ultimately seek a refund, neither myself nor any other professional would have spent our time to respond. This is how I make a living and feed my family, so my time has to be spent engaging in good faith with customers that I believe will ultimately follow through with the payment that they agreed to.

Best regards, ***** ***** again for the news and the loss of your father.