Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

How do I set up my iPhone to our new Panasonic phone?

Customer Question

Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Panasonic KX-TG7871
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Grab a panasonic handset and enter Menu #6241

On the iphone settings go into the bluetooth menu and it should detect the panasonic and prompt you to enter a pin, which is 0000. When successfully paired the iphone will show connected and you can turn the panasonic handset off.

From there it is linked and incoming calls on the cell phone will ring through on the panasonic system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by "menu". I don't seem to be able to do anything with the menu. I did enter #6241, and blue tooth on my iPhone has been searching since last night.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got #6241 to show on the display. Should I do anything further with that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bluuetooth on cell doesn't respond. The little symbol just goes round and round.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

That is a specific button sequence you have to press on the panasonic handset

Press Menu

Press #

Press 6

Press 2

Press 4

Press 1

This puts the panasonic into pairing mode.

From Settings>Bluetooth on the iphone it needs to be on and in discovery mode.

Keep in mind though that it is possible this will not work, depending on the model of iphone you have and what software is on it.

Even though you may have just purchased this panasonic phone, it is an old model (from 2012) and may not support anything beyond an iphone 4 model.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an iPhone 5, so I guess that won't work. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Well still at least try the steps, you have to make sure the panasonic goes through that proper command sequence to get into pairing mode.

If it still won't work at that point, then it is a phone system limitation.

At that point, I'd suggest returning the panasonic to the store. No reputable vendor should still be selling a 3 year old model as new.

Then, go purchase this model as a more suitable replacement: http://amzn.to/1gr9Re0

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgnhz

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,