Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a KX-TG2336 wireless phone and there is no display on

Customer Question

I have a KX-TG2336 wireless phone and there is no display on the handset. I can use the phone to make and receive calls. Will replacing the battery fix the problem or does something else need to be done to regain the display on the handset?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Does this happen on all the handsets, or just 1?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have one handset. The phone is a Panasonic.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

These come in many different size "bundles", so I was unsure how many you had.

This is most likely an internal hardware failure, meaning the lcd display screen has failed.

A bad battery would not produce that symptom. If the battery were that low/faulty, then you would not be able to make/receive calls either.

This is a very old system (2 generations of technology ago, replaced by the 5.8ghz then the dect6 systems), so seeing this type of failure just from normal age related wear and tear is not surprising.

You can reset the handset by removing the battery from it for 15 minutes.

If no change, then the handset is defective, and would have to be replaced. Unfortunately, there are no parts for these systems any longer, so you'd need to replace the entire system (base + handset), which would be more feasible than either parts or repairs.

Here is a replacement I'd suggest:

http://amzn.to/1FaBlR9

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to transfer all of the phone numbers programed in the phone to a new phone?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

No, there is not unfortunately.

These systems have no mechanism to communicate with each other or transfer data.

You would have to rebuild your phone book on the new system.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgnhz

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,