Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a vtech CS6719 cordless phone system and I woke up

Customer Question

I have a vtech CS6719 cordless phone system and I woke up this morning to find out my phone was not working. After a short time and waking up I noticed that the red light on my base where the phone sits on when I am not using it was not on .Sow I adjusted the phone so the red light would come on . Now I waited a short time and then tried to use the phone and the screen on my phone said battery low. One, How long do I have to wait before I will be able to use my phone again ? My name is***** My E-Mail address is***@******.*** Two, If I need to get a new battery where would I have to go
since Radio Shack where I purchased the phone is out of business? I live in Somerville
Massachusetts 02145 which is just north of Boston. I sure hope you can help me.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello John & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your phone system.

May I ask:

1) The AGE of the system?

2) The TOTAL number of handsets you have with this system?

3) How long is the "short time" you waited for the handset to charge?

To answer your questions about how long to charge and getting a replacement battery:

It is recommended that the battery be charged for AT LEAST an hour for you to be able to use the handset - for a "short time".

But for a FULL charge, 11 hours are recommended (such as overnight).

As for a replacement battery, no, you do NOT have to go to Radio Shack. You should be able to get one of those batteries at almost any store that sells a lot of Vtech phone systems. These could be electronics stores, office supply, and even some department stores.

And if you have a "battery store" in your area, that would be a good place to look too.

If there is a limited supply locally, they can be found online - at places like Amazon. I have a link to the search results for this battery below.

CS6719 Battery Search Results (Amazon).
http://amzn.to/1ghOVGo

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)