Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My mother gave me her Vtech DECT6.0 without a manual! At 96

Customer Question

My mother gave me her Vtech DECT6.0 without a manual! At 96 years old I understand! Point me to a resourse that will lead me through setting up voice mail on this phone please. thanks!
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.

May I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? That model should be printed on the bottom or back of the MAIN BASE UNIT of the system.

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Can you CONFIRM what "voice mail" system you are trying to set up? (is this a feature from your service provider, or is there a built-in answering system in the Vtech)?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Greg, I'm out of town until tomorrow. Sorry to be so slow in response. Will get you the information tomorrow!Thanks!
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

No worries - I'm here almost every day to help.

I will look for your response a little later on in the week.

Travel Safe, Greg A.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. CS6219-2
2. Suddenlink
3. Voice system in phone?Thanks Greg!
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - I looked up that model number, and I have a link to the manual for that model below, in electronic (PDF) form. It should appear on your screen when you click the link.

Click here --> CS6219-2 Manual

Now I also notice that this system does NOT have a built-in Answering System, and the only "feature" it has related to Voicemail is that it does have a "NEW Voicemail" indicators - on both the Main Base unit and a message that displays on the handset (see pages 7 & 10 of the manual).

There is also a "Clear Voicemail" feature that turns OFF the indicators, if the voicemail messages were listened to from a different location, or from a different phone in your home (see page 10).

So IF you have voicemail from your service provider (Suddenlink in this case), any "setup" to turn ON the system would be controlled by the provider, and to access that system, you would simply "dial in" to get into the system, and you would need a pass-code (or PIN) to listen to the messages. Once all the new messages have been listened to, any signal being sent to your phone should be turned OFF, and the indicators should also turn off at that time.

So there is no real "setup" on the Vtech phone itself - just the indicators that tell you there is a new message waiting.

As a reference, I have a link to the Suddenlink Voicemail setup help page, that gives you the basic steps for setting up the system, if you have not set it up previously. If you need to contact the Suddenlink folks directly about the voicemail system, I believe there are also links on that page under the "Contact Us" heading.

http://help.suddenlink.com/Phone/Pages/VoiceMail.aspx?product=Features

I hope this helps give you enough information to get your Vtech connected and explains a bit about how it would work with the service provider's voice mail system.

Please let me know if you have any more issue or questions.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate my service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you today. You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
XXXx
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see you posted:

"I model #: CS6219-2 ."

Did you see my post with the link to the Manual for that system, and the link to the Suddenlink feature page (for voicemail)?

Thanks