Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I bought new batteries uniden cordless phone and the phone

Customer Question

I bought new batteries for my uniden cordless phone and the phone does not charge. I bought rechargeable batteries - NiMH - HR6 (NH15 - 1.2 V) (1500mAh - NXEL - Hydralife Metalique). What could be wrong? I bought the phone in 2003 and the model # ***** *****
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is someone going to answer my question concerning my Uniden phone problem?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Before we start, please understand that we are all independent techs here, and that it can take awhile for messages to go back and forth.

Please respond only one time, and give me a chance to read and reply back. Sending multiple messages causes you to get pushed down the queue and delays things even further.

Now, I need some additional information, please.

Does this issue happen with all the handsets (if you have more than 1)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no issue with my other handsets. Did I purchase the correct batteries?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

How many handsets do you have with this system, and is it just this one that isn't taking a charge?
If so, please try putting this handset on one of the other accessory charger stations and let me know what happens.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The batteries you have are fine, so long as they are AA style and nimh type, which they appear to be.

So that means you either have a contaminated or faulty charger/base, a bad wall adapter, or a handset fault.
When you put it down to charge, do you see any light on the base or the handset come up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see the charge light come up when I set the phone on the base.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I've attempted to accept your call request, but it failed on your end. You may need to increase your deposit first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to leave in 15 minutes. It is 12:45. PST
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

We can pick this up again later, if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Instead of a phone call, just answer my e-mail questions, please. Let's see if we can resolve the problem that way. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you see my answer that the charge light comes on when I put the phone on the base. Does that mean it is charging? If so, when it is fully charged does the light go off or does it stay on. The light has been on for several days while I attempted to charge the phone. However, the phone does not work.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If the light is coming on, it means the base is getting power, and is trying to charge.

It is pretty much always charging, or "topping off" the battery when docked.

So the base and adapter are fine.

The problem is the handset itself, which has a faulty charging circuit inside OR the batteries are bad.

If you have another handset, swap the batteries between them to see if the problem follows to the other handset. If so, batteries are bad and need to be replaced.

If it stays with this one, then the handset is faulty.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

At that point, the entire system would have to be replaced.

This is an obsolete system, 2 generations of technology ago (replaced by 5.8 then dect6 formats), from 2003. There are no parts for it and they cannot be repaired.

If it comes to that, I'd be happy to recommend some replacement options for you. Just let me know how many handsets you need.