Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I need more rings to answer; I am in a wheelchair. On my

Customer Question

I need more rings to answer; I am in a wheelchair. On my last Panasonic I could have seven. Please help.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.

May I ask:
1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?
2) IF this is a cordless system, how many TOTAL handsets do you have with this system?
3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line (not part of the cordless system)?

5) How many rings (approximately) do you have now - before the calls are picked up?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Panasonic Bluetooth. The only other # ***** model # kx-tgf
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again and thanks for that response from question 1:

"Panasonic Bluetooth. The only other # ***** model # ***** "

There should be 3 or 4 numbers AFTER the KX-TGF, so if you can send those back, that would be great.

And if you can respond to the other questions, that would allow me to give a more detailed answer.

But if I assume that the built-in answering machine of the Panasonic is what is taking your calls (and not some other service - such as your service provider's voice mail system), then the following steps should allow you to change the number of rings of that system.

1) Pick up any cordless handset of your system, when not on a call.

2) Press MENU # ***** 1 1

3) Use the UP and DOWN arrows to select the number of rings you would like.

4) Press the SAVE soft key.

5) Press the OFF button.

That should do it.

After you are done with the above steps, please try to have someone call you - so you can TEST the setting and that is is working properly by letting the phone ring and counting the number of rings before the system picks up the call.

As an illustration of the above process, I have a link to a video that shows how it done. Please feel free to watch that and confirm that the same thing happens with your system.

Click Here --> Video

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)