Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a Vtech 6919-2 wireless telephone. It came with two

Customer Question

I have a Vtech 6919-2 wireless telephone. It came with two handsets. It says it is expandable to 5 so I bought 3 Vtech 6909 handsets. They will not fit on the 6919 base to register and I can't get them to register when I press the locate phone button on the main unit and #Quiet. I says registering for a minute or so and then failed.
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the details?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, please give me a few moments to respond.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0k
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

First, are you certain that you bought the CS6909 model handsets? If they are the correct model, they should be identical to what you already have and fit the existing base.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well it says CS6609 on the box.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay that is a different model. Check on the handset itself, under the battery cover, and see what it says there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says requires a CS6619 phone which is what i have.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Where are you seeing that?
I'm asking what specific model number is ***** on the new handsets you've purchased.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 minute.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no identifying numbers that I can see on the telephone. The information I have is from the box it came in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh Wait.
in the battery slot there is a tag Model CS6609 Sn VC80018292
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming,

that is a different handset model and it is not compatible with the phone system that you have currently.

I would suggest returning those, and instead purchase the proper model here: http://amzn.to/1hP4XcH

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking up that link it says: VTech CS6609 Accessory Handset for VTech CS6619, CS6629, CS6648 or CS6649, Silver/Bl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I find no accessory handset with a CS6619 designation,
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Sorry that isn't what I had linked you to initially,

the 6909 is the proper handset. The issue is that you have an old/discontinued 2012 base model, and the 6909 is no longer available, so the links are now replaced with that 6609, which is what you ended up with as well.