Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Can't leave a message extension

Customer Question

Can't leave a message for my extension
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

What is the model number of the phone system that you have? Is this only happening on your extension? Do you have administrative access to the system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KX-T7731

Is this only happening on your extension? Do you have administrative access to the system?

Also, this is the model number of the phone unit – do you have the model number of the main system?

As for the extension, you can reset the configuration by using either 790 or 79#, depending on what system is your central system. This is an guaranteed to fix it but it's something I would try initially.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once I re-set, how do I re program to have my extension accept a message. We have 5 extensions. My out of office message allows the caller to leave a message, but the message does not get sent to my phone/extension. How do I re program it to do this?

The functionality that allows people to leave a message is not at your phone – it is handled by the system to which your phone is connected. So the phone is just accessing those functions. You should not have to reprogram anything. But if things are not as you expect after, let me know and I'll give you the reference for the phone. There really isn't much there that I think will be helpful but if something isn't right it's worth taking a look.