Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Panasonic KX-DT333, how do I disable night mode? I

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic KX-DT333, how do I disable night mode? I need it to be in day mode because I am not getting any of my calls. I see under menu that its shows night mode.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, To change the phone to DAY mode, please first go to page 7 of the manual below and change the clock to AM instead of PM. The clock may be set to the wrong time of day (AM instead of PM or vise versa), indicating the clock thinks it's Nighttime when it's really Daytime:

http://www.phones4business.com/portal/guides/Panasonic%20KX.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aric,The time on the phone is 2:28 PM, which is correct. Right now is 2:28 pm eastern time. If I change it to AM, I will have the wrong time on the phone.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay no worries- leave that as it is I actually found the correct solution- which was not obvious, nor in the basic manual for this phone. Page 2 of the manual below shows the button that changes the phone from DAY mode or NIGHT mode:

http://www.westfordtel.com/Panasonic%20User%20Sheet%20%20KXDT333%20343-%20Westford.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

It is the INFO button that toggles through Day/Time/Extension/Day and Night Modes. Let me know if you're able to get into those modes using that button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you referring to the FWD/DND? I already have that option in OFF. I also see that under INFO, it shows night mode. However, in the phone the INFO tab only shows information, but it does not allows me to click on it and change it.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

That is strange, the manuals are cryptic and not showing me step by step instructions to change it. I'm still looking. Offhand, have you tried simply unplugging the phone from AC wall power for 10 seconds and then plugging back in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to unplug it now.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

According to the manual, the INFO is a "soft key" meaning you would tap it- and then use the 4 way navigation key (left/right/up/down) to change from Night to Day. Use Left or Right to change from Night to Day. Let me know if that works.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Try that and then once INFO is tapped, use the left or right arrows to select DAY and then press ENTER. Any luck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already unplug phone, but it did not work.Also, I had already seen the manual you attached, and had already tried what you mentioned a couple times. I have tried again, but the INFO tab makes me see Day/Time/Extension/Day and Night Modes. When I use the navigator to go left or right (while showing the Night mode) it takes me out and directs me to the directory. If I press up/down, then the ringer starts.The 4 way navigator only helps when I go to program or menu. But when I use it, while being on INFO it takes me out and into the MENU settings.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry and I WISH the manual outlined this. I would have to keep playing with the phone if I had one here in front of me. Since I cannot figure out HOW they intend to change the mode (other than what is posted), I will have to opt out and open the question up for other experts to assist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have figure it out. There is a Night button outside/physically in the phone. It was not label, but its was under the extension lines tab.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad you were able to find the button- nice work.