Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

How do I "register" additional handsets that came with my

Customer Question

How do I "register" additional handsets that came with my Panasonic landline phone [KX-TG7641 series]? I have been using my supplied handset & base unit which came pre-registered for a number of years.
Three additional handsets came with this phone package but I have not used them. But I want to now. Unless I've missed something in the Operating Manual (p. 48), there is no explanation of how to register the additional handsets that came with the package. It just states that they can be registered to the base unit? The only instructions provided are how to re-register the "pre-registered" supplied handset??? Could you please provide me with instructions so I don't mess up my phone altogether in the process? (I'm not terribly techy).
Also because this was purchased quite a few years ago, I assume it would be wise to purchase new Mi-NH batteries for the smaller bases used to recharge these handsets. Would that be your recommendation?
Thanks for your instructions. jane
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my request and credit card information. I presumed this was with Panasonic, not a different independent service. My mistake.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask if you can confirm that these are handsets that came WITH the original package, and are part of that original system?
Also, may I ask if you have installed the batteries in the handsets and CHARGED them up - for AT LEAST 20-30 minutes?
If so, may I ask what is displayed on the (new) handsets - when you press the TALK button?
Thanks