Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a Nortel Norstar plus comapact ICS. There was power

Customer Question

I have a Nortel Norstar plus comapact ICS. There was power surge and now it will not come back on (even though the outlet works fine). How can I reset it to power back on?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

The only reset for the system that does not erase the programming is to unplug it completely from power and then to plug it back in after a few minutes. Other resets require the system to be up and running first. There is a very good chance that the power surge has affected the equipment and damaged it. If you have a phone vendor that you normally work with I would suggest getting them into check the equipment.

When you do the restart, make sure it is unplugged completely and that if it is on a battery power backup, that it is disconnected from that as well.