Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a panasonic hybrid KX-TA624. I replaced a bad inside

Customer Question

I have a panasonic hybrid KX-TA624. I replaced a bad inside wire to one extension now cannot dial out on all phones. How do I fix that?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
First, try unplugging that one wire you replaced, at the phone system end. It may be shorted, there may be something else wrong aside from the defective cable, etc.
Then try calling out again. If that works now, you have a severe problem with that extension, possibly a damaged and/or shorted extension phone on that extension.
Second, if the above doesn't change anything, then try unplugging the phone system box from the power for 20 minutes or more, than plugging it in again.
After which, if the problem is still unaffected, please use the Reply function, telling me:
- is there a dial tone still, before you dial out?
- can you still receive calls coming into the system from outside?
- and anything else you can think of.