Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I get the error message "check tel line" I checked to make

Customer Question

Shouldn't this be covered under a guarntee?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This is a paid support service, there is no free online chat support. You could call panasonic, and wait ages on hold for an overseas call center that likely won't be able to resolve your issue.

If you wish to proceed here, knowing there is the fee (which you've already paid, per your agreement with the site), I'll need a bit more information from you,please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all three handsets say the same---yes I have DSL jacks on all the phone jacks--- I have a FAX and internet on the same system--this is a landline from a local phoe co
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

Do you have any other phones on the line, or can you test the fax?
This could be a panasonic issue or a line fault, we really need to test another device (preferably just a basic corded phone) if possible, to properly isolate and diagnose the issue.