Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a panasonic digital phone KX-TG4021C and rencently we

Customer Question

I have a panasonic digital phone KX-TG4021C and rencently we had a hail and thnder stomr that left a message on my phone - not usuable- to check the phone line. Shaw has instructed me to remove the battery from the terminal base, and then put it in again and wait ten minutes . They said there would be 2 tabs on the base to press to take the bottom off to get at the battery. I have not been able to do that. Their are 2 below surface tabs with an arrow and A and B on them but they don't move. What can I do?
Thanks.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

There is no battery in the base station, just in the handsets.

For resetting purposes, in this case, unplugging power and phone line to the main base station for 15 minutes is sufficient.

You don't need to remove the handset batteries.

Please try this, and let me know the results.

Please also let me know if you have any other phones other than the panasonic system.