Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have KX-TGE. Comcast had taken the funtion of answering

Customer Question

I have KX-TGE. Comcast had taken the funtion of answering but assures me it is back on my base. trying to fix ive messed up everthing. cant call out, no one can call in. Please help me fix.Max ***********
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.
May I ask:
1) The TOTAL number of handsets you have with this system?
2) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line?
3) Do you have a different phone line (such as a cell phone or neighbor's phone) you can use to TEST exactly what is heard when someone calls (tries to call you)?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1-three 2- no 3- no, but did try and nothing, no ringing,cant call, etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would like to talk but cant call. can you tell how i can?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I can not do a phone call right now (no phone available) - sorry about that. Probably wouldn't work at this point anyway (since your line is not working).
OK - without access to any outside phone line - such as a cell or neighbor/friend's phone, that will make troubleshooting this issue a little harder, but we can give it a shot.
May I ask if you have ANY other phones - including an old one - that we can put in place of the Panasonic MAIN BASE unit - to TEST of the Panasonic is "hung"?