Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I can't turn on the message machine on my new Panasonic 6.0

Customer Question

I can't turn on the message machine on my new Panasonic 6.0 plus,model:KX-TG6572R
S/N 5CBQB732814
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me why you believe you can't turn it on?
Have you tried to and the light doesn't come on?
Or have you turned it on, but callers still don't get your greeting/message?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a new phone and I should not be charged. I requested Panasonic for the answer.
The light is on, but my message doesn't play for the caller. I'm sure there is a step I am missing. I called Panasonic one time and it was working. I changed the # ***** rings and it is back to not working properly. I do not remember the answer they gave me. It was very simple. I will write it down this time.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This is a paid support service. I can help you, but there is a fee for my time. You are working with me, a phone expert, on justanswer.com.

For free help you can call panasonic and wait on hold for an overseas call center if you prefer.

There is more to this than just the setting, which will require a few quick diagnostic tests and some additional details.

If you prefer not to continue, let me know.

If you wish to continue, with the understanding that you have already paid for this service, per the terms you agreed to, please disconnect both power and phone line to the panasonic unit, then call yourself from an outside line, cell phone, etc, and let me know if you still hear that "voicemail has not been set-up" message.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used the web site from the directions book. I really have no other problem with the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will need to return the phone if Panasonic can not stand behind it. Thank you,
Linda
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for any confusion or if you arrived here by accident. Panasonic does not have a live instant online chat support site. You likely typed that address into the search bar instead of the actual address bar, and came here from the search results for panasonic phone help. This isn't panasonic, if you want help from them, you have to call them directly and work through their support process.

Regardless though, you're having the current problem, and from what I can tell already, Panasonic wouldn't help anyway as this doesn't appear to be an equipment specific issue.

PLease complete the above test, and get back to me with the results when you have a chance.