Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have model KX-TGA101s Phone I would like to disable the

Customer Question

I have model KX-TGA101s Phone I would like to disable the call forwarding can you please tell me how to do this.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.
May I ask:
1) The Model Number of the MAIN BASE UNIT of the phone system you are working with (the model you sent is only for the cordless handset(s)?
2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KX-TG1034S
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I'm not able to make phone contact right now, but can continue here is this format.
If that is OK, please answer the following:
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Base Unit is KX-TGA101s Phone Company AT&T nothing else attached and No I will call you for 18 dollars I am a disabled Veteran I don't have that kind of money. Waiting for my answer.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.
Please understand - I can NOT offer a phone call at this time (don't have a phone available to call you), so if you see ANY offer from the site, please do NOT accept that.
I can ONLY continue in this "Q&A" format. If that is OK, please answer the last question of.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can only continue in this "Q&A" format. If that is ok this is (OK.)There is no other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer I want must be in the phone menu somewhere I just can not find it.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
OK - I'm looking through the features of the KX-TG1034 system, and I do NOT see "call forwarding" as one of the features that the system supports.
So can you give me a little more detail about what happens when calls come into your phones? That is, do you hear them ring there AT ALL, or do they get forwarded and ring at a DIFFERENT number?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not ringing at all............
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
OK - can you CONFIRM that the calls ARE being "forwarded" to a different phone?
That is, do you HAVE or have access to that different phone, and can you call your AT&T number and CONFIRM that this other phone gets the call - and can answer it?
I only ask because I'm not sure if the calls are being forwarded OR if they are just not ringing - at your Panasonic phone.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know If you can not give me my answer then I want a REFUND and so far you are not giving me my answer. I have tried everything you want me to try already find my answer or a refund.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I am TRYING to get enough information to get you an accurate answer.
You used the phrase "call forwarding" - which to ME means that all incoming calls to a particular number are being sent to (forwarded) to a different number.
So can you CONFIRM that is what is happening here, or do you have different symptoms that "suggested" the use of the phrase "call forwarding"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea that is what it is doing going to another number............
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that confirmation.
If all other aspects of the phone service is working, such as you can still make outgoing calls, etc., then the "Call forwarding" MUST be a feature of the SERVICE PROVIDER you have for this phone line.
Now I did some checking and it seems that AT&T has MANY DIFFERENT "packages" for their phone services, each with different steps (instructions) for how to activate and deactivate the "features".
So the best answer I can give you is to contact your service provider's customer support OR "Technical Support", and have them either disable the forwarding for you OR give you the specific instructions on how to do this yourself.
NOTE: You can EXPECT the technical support folks to VERIFY your identity if you want them to disable the call forwarding. This is for the protection of their customer(s), just to verify that it is really the person they are talking with on the phone.
The MAIN contact number I use for AT&T is listed below. There will be a "menu" to go through when calling, and I HIGHLY recommend that you call from the AT&T phone in your home, as they can more easily identify you when you call.
AT&T Customer Support : 1(###) ###-####
Please let me know what you find or if you have any more symptoms or questions for me.
Thanks, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is fine we are done I will not be using this service ever again. Your no help at all so yes I am dissafied with the service.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Please understand that I do not work for Panasonic, AT&T, or any other major company, but I'm an independent expert with years of experience with multiple systems and providers.
So may I ask why you would say that I was of "no help", when I gave you the correct "next step" (an "action item" so to speak) to resolve this issue?
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)