Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

My phones do not work

Customer Question

my phones do not work
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4cable 3cable 2yes 1 no
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

So you do have other phones, not part of the panasonic system, and they are working?
What is teh specific problem with the pansonic?
No dial tone, an error message, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 other phones Panasonic 1working base phone not charging second also not charging
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

So are both handsets unable to turn on? Or they'll work, but just wont' charge (on either main base or auxiliary station)?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If neither station will charge, that is an indication of bad batteries that are no longer able to hold a charge properly. The batteries typically last a few years before they need to be replaced, depending on usage.

You can order new batteries here: http://amzn.to/1JKNM6B

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
base station plus second phone,not charging no dial tone system new
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This is an old (2011) model, so I was assuming it wasn't new.

Even if you did just buy it, it was made 4 years ago and the batteries may be bad just from sitting.

You won't get a dial tone if you don't have good batteries in them.

You can temporarily put in regular AA alkaline batteries to test if you can get a dial tone at least. Just don't put it on the charger with those, it can catch fire if you don't have a proper nimh battery installed and you try to charge.

Really though if you're having problems with the system already and just purchased, you should return it to the store. No reputable vendor should still be selling 2011 models that have been replaced many times over with new/updated models.