Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a KX-TG7875 with six phones. The screen on ALL of

Customer Question

I have a KX-TG7875 with six phones. The screen on ALL of them says "New Voice Mail Press VM". When I press the button under VM, the phone dials its own phone number. I can not erase the message "New Voice Mail." Please help. I have done everything the operating instructions manual suggested, and nothing solves the problem. Carl Gum
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome back to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, who is your phone service provider please?
And have you tried to press and hold the # ***** ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ATT, no, on a phone or on the base set?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information.
Which answering system is used please; AT&T Voice Mail feature? ...or the Panasonic's built-in answering system?
On the # ***** either would do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just pressed the # ***** and held it, and the screen cleared. Thank you. I use the panasonic voice mail, not ATT.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Great! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.
The # ***** on either the handset or the base would turn off The Voice Mail notification.
For some reason, AT&T's Voice Mail may have been inadvertently enabled. Please call them and have it turned OFF.
Glad that the above information served your purpose and would appreciate a Positive Rating and/or an Accept if so warranted (if haven't done so).
Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.