Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I just purchased a Panasonic kx tge210 I can receive calls

Customer Question

I just purchased a Panasonic kx tge210 I can receive calls but when I make outbound there is a dial tone but call will not go through
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) If you pick up the line, do you hear the beeps before dialing at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a land line. I have base unit and 4 additional handsets. I can receive calls but cannot make outbound call even though I have a dial tone
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Does this happen no matter what number is ***** (local or long distance)?
What about if you dial your own home number, from the home line?
Can you test another phone, not part of the panasonic system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happens no matter what number I dial. I have unhooked the old phone set
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines. However, to isolate and diagnose the issue properly, we need to test another device. Can you please reconnect the old set (assuming it was still working when it was removed) and let me know if the same problem continues there?