Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

What do i do if the handset pre programed base unit on

Customer Question

what do i do if the handset for a pre programed base unit on a panasonic kx-t5110 is lost?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Do you mean a kx-tg5110?Are you looking to replace that handset?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the original factory programmed hand set. I do have other handsets. I can't clear the handsets or program them to the base unit.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
But you have no handsets that are currently registered to the system, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct. I tryed the instructions in the manual to no end.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
How many units were originally registered to the main system?Just the one lost handset, or others too?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure. I cleared the base unit entirely. I want to add the base unit phone and one other.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Can you confirm the model number of your new handsets for me that you're trying to register?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kx-tga510m
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. That is the proper handset number for this system, which is what I wanted to verify. This means you're either missing a step or doing the registration incorrectly, there are too many existing handsets registered already, or there is a hardware problem in the base station (seeing memory faults like this would not be surprising as this is a very old system far past its expected service life). https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29960072/KXTG5100M.pdf