Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Model EL52353; phones(3) cordless installed successfully one

Customer Question

model EL52353; phones(3) cordless installed successfully one week ago. In the past 24 hours the phones no longer ring for incoming calls. The service works for all other functions. I have insured all connections are secure and am able to receive and speak to an incoming caller as I am notified by my television screen by pressing phone button. The ringer function is ON full capacity. I am not getting answer calling service too. Please advise. Thank you.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
There may be too many devices connected to your phone line.
Try disconnecting the TV and any other devices, then check if you can hear an incoming call ringtone on the cordless phone system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate your response to my initial inquiry regarding no ringtone. Disconnecting TV and other devises is not an option. My three services (phone, TV and computer) is provided by Optimum Cablevision of Long Island NY . The phone service was fine for a week prior to its discontinuance of incoming call notification by ring or answering system. No additional devises were added to cause the present problem. Please advise of possible options to correct problem. Thank you.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Test the phone system on a different line.
If the phone system does not work on another line then it is faulty and should be returned.