Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have an open stage 40 phone system. we wish to change the

Customer Question

we have an open stage 40 phone system. we wish to change the after hours recorded message on the system.
can you help?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question. I think that what you need to do is, in outline:1. activate 'night answer' service for a given phone (one which has voicemail. All calls will be routed to it when night service is activated.)2. change the voice message on that phone, so that it gives the after hours recorded message. If this does not help, is impractical, or esp. if you already have an after hours message configured for all phone numbers and/or extensions within the system, then you would need to change the voice message not on the OpenStage 40 phone system, but on the voicemail system (whatever it is) that you use.