Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a kx-td816, line 3 doesn't produce an audible ring at

Customer Question

I have a kx-td816, line 3 doesn't produce an audible ring at any extension. The LED next the button blinks and I can press the button to answer to call but I want that line to ring audibly.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. The ring comes from the voltage on the 2nd wire in the plug that goes from the Jack to the phone. So, the problem could be one of a couple of things. The first thing that I would ask you to do is to take that phone and put it on a different jack that is working and see if when you call that extension the phone rings and place of the phone that you know does work. If so then we know that everything from the wiring to the phone is correct. We don't necessarily know if it's plugged into the PBX, but we at least know that the phone works. And we also know that there are no settings in the phone that are incorrect. If that doesn't work then that would steer us toward the phone or the wiring to the phone and that would be a different place to look. The items that we would look at changing if we needed to go beyond the wiring may be fairly complex so I'd like to ask that you try this first and then let me know the results and hopefully we won't have to get into the more complicated system programming. But if we do get to that point, do you have someone there that has administrative access to the main phone system?. Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you taking a shot at this but I'm not sure you've worked with a PBX before. As stated in the original question the phone line 3 works, the issue is in programming the PBX. I have administrative access and have went to several programming locations in search of the solution.
If I had never worked on the PBX before, it would be quite silly for me to take your question, wouldn't it? I'm sure you work this out, however your insult will make it difficult for us to work on this together. For that reason, I will not be continuing with this question, but I will opt out to allow other experts to help you if they wish.