Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a DS1000 phone system and the Nitsuko phones are

Customer Question

Hi - I have a DS1000 phone system and the Nitsuko phones are not working properly. Will Panasonic Advanced Hybrid Phones KX-T7731 work in the jacks or do I need to change out my system to panasonic?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. These systems are not interchangeable. While the existing in wall wiring and jacks will work, you can't just put a panasonic phone on an NEC pbx.You'll need to replace the DS1000 with a new pbx server.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
An example of a compatible model would be the http://amzn.to/1IgY11k
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
This is typically something configured by a trained panasonic installer. If you can let me know your zip code, I can help you find the closest dealer/installer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - I have the Box thing and seem to think "how hard is it to swap out" we are getting the new system installed in 30 days and I wanted to see if the Panasonics would work in the interim as we need our phones to work. I have all these panasonics in a box in my basement so thought I would give them a try...That won't work though huh...
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You have the pbx on hand also, not just the desk stations?You can just plug it in and get some functionality out of it,but it really needs configuration (via special software on a laptop) to assign CO lines, which extensions ring where, etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so is there any harm in just trying it out and plugging the panasonic box in where the DS1000 is? Can I download the software you mentioned...
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
No harm in trying.That software isn't available to the public/end user, it is a dealer/installer only program.That doesn't mean you couldn't possibly find a download of it online somewhere, but I'm not permitted to share it with you, and it requires a laptop with a serial port and ability to navigate and use the software which isn't the most user friendly. If you don't have a lot of extensions or lines, you may try just bypassing the pbx entirely and have the phone co (or do it yourself) link your CO lines over to a single receptionist station on a basic corded phone, at least as a temporary solution.