Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I just bought the Panasonic KX-TGD220 system but I can't receive

Customer Question

I just bought the Panasonic KX-TGD220 system but I can't receive incoming calls. It does not go to recording calls either. I can call out but to not receive calls?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?5) What happens when someone calls you (or you call home from cell)? Does the caller get a busy signal, endless ringing, voicemail, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. I have not verified the other handsets (3).
2. I don't have other phones.
3. Landline from Verizon.
4. I'm not sure. I have not signed up for any other service excepr caller-ID.
5. The phone does not ring but goes to missed calls.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the telephone number?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
So the callers number is ***** on the caller id, and on the missed call list, just not ringing audibly?Did you have this issue with your prior phone, before buying the panasonic?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
No to which question?I need as much detail as possible to be able to help, so the more information you can give me, the better.I've also sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The incoming call does not ring and the does not activate caller ID.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, but that isn't quite making sense - you said it "goes to missed calls", so you are seeing an indication on the panasonic handset that a call was missed (and presumably the callers number)?Did you have this issue with your prior phone, before buying the panasonic?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am ending this conversation now. I'm diabetic and going into reaction now - need to eat lunch Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all, take your time, and you can get back with me whenever it is convenient for you. Just bookmark/favorite this page to reach me later.I"m happy to discuss by phone if that is easier for you as well.Nathan