Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

HOW DO I ACTIVATE THE CALLER I.D. ON MY PHONE? I HAVE IT FROM

Customer Question

HOW DO I ACTIVATE THE CALLER I.D. ON MY PHONE? I HAVE IT FROM MY PHONE COMPANY, COMCAST, BUT IT IS NOT COMING THROUGH ON MY PHONE. MY MODEL IS:6.o plus.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with?
May I also ask if you have a DIFFERENT phone connected to this line that DOES show the incoming Caller ID?
May I also ask for how long you have had this Comcast phone service?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kx-Tg4731 No, I do not have a different phone that shows caller i.d. 7 yrs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
r u there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.
Sorry for any delay. It does take a few moments for me to see your responses and reply myself.
OK - since you do not have a different phone - to TEST with (that was my plan) - may I ask if you have a neighbor or friend nearby what you could either borrow a working Caller ID phone - OR - Take your main base unit and one handset to their location and connect your system there - to TEST?
I only ask because there are no controls on the phone itself - to turn on or off the Caller ID function. But we MUST TEST on a known good (working) line to find out if the phone is the issue OR the service provider.
Please let me know.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone is in good working order as well as the landline. I don't want to have to go and impose on a neighbor. Most of them work off cell phones. Are you working with the Panasonic phone? And so you work for Panasonic.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
We here are Just Answer do not work for any particular manufacturer of phone equipment, so were are free to advise you on any issue you may have.
And I would not want you to "impose" on anyone ... that is why I used the term "neighbor or friend".
I was simply stating that to figure this out, we MUST TEST with either a different phone OR a different (known good) phone line.
So may I ask if you could do either of these things?
That is
1) "obtain" a different Caller ID capable phone (by whatever method) or
2) take your phone (base and one handset) to a KNOWN working (for Caller ID) location, and TEST it there?
Without these TESTS - we would only be "guessing" at what is happening. As you might be able to tell - I don't like to guess.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
You are quite welcome.
Just so you know, MOST new phones DO work with Caller ID - as long as they are receiving a "good" signal level.
And in my experience for the last several years, MOST caller ID issues are traced back to either NO signal being sent (from the provider) OR the signal "quality" is not good. That could be either the provider's equipment OR signal loss through the home wiring.
Please let me know what you can TEST for and find, or if you have any other questions.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.Thanks, ***** *****(im)