Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

We switched our phone to Suddenlink, our local cable provider,

Customer Question

We switched our phone to Suddenlink, our local cable provider, and since then our phones don't ring, and the answering machine doesn't answer (though the caller hears it ring). Is the fault with Suddenlink?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the model of your phone system? Do you have multiple phones/devices (fax, etc)?Do you get any other indication of a call coming in, such as the caller id coming up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KX-TGE270
Hi, Nathan--
yes, 4 phones, 2 computers, TVs, etc.
No caller id
If I HAPPEN to pick up the phone when someone is calling, I do connect
But no ring, no answering machine, no indication of a call coming inBut once or twice, it has referred to a missed call
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.While it is possible that is a defect in the panasonic unit, it is much more likely to be a line fault.To isolate the issue further, we really need to test another phone/device on the line. Is it possible for you to get/buy/borrow just a basic corded phone to test the line with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to find one, but could not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The phone was working fine until the Suddenlink connection
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
We can move forward with out testing further, it would just give a better degree of certainty.The line is much more likely to be the fault here. So at this point your next step is to contact suddenlink and have them send a tech out to check the equipment on their end.The danger here though, and why I encourage you to test further yourself, is that if they send someone out and find nothing wrong, they are going to charge you a service fee of typically around $80-100.If by chance the panasonic system is at fault here, which could have happened just coincidentally, from a shock/surge when changing over to the new system, etc, then you'll be on the hook for that service call - money that would have been better spent on a new phone.