Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I purchased a Panasonic Digital Cordless Answering System approximately

Customer Question

I purchased a Panasonic Digital Cordless Answering System approximately 10 years ago from Radio Shack. They were having a closeout sale and I knew I would want to upgrade some day. The price was great. Now I need to hook up this phone. Should I buy new Ni-MH batteries? Do you think this baby will even work? And how do I figure out my phone number? Stop laughing. Thank you.
Maggy Bennett
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Maggy & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask the Model Number of the phone system you looking at hooking up?
AND - has the phone system EVER been unpacked from the box and used before, or did you just buy it a put it away until now?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model No KX-TG7532B and KX-TG7532B. Both Model Mos. are on the back of the base unit.The phone was unpacked a year ago but not used. I kept getting a message to "Check tel line". I checked but didn't know what I was supposed to be checking for. Put it back in the box so I wouldn't shoot it.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.
Just a note: I see that you sent the SAME model number (KX-TG7532B) twice, but perhaps one of them should have been KX-TG7531B?. That would be normal, as the model that ends in "1" is for the main base unit itself, and the one that ends in "2" would be for the "system". This just means that there were TWO handsets in the original package.
Now if you can put the batteries in the handset(s) and CHARGE them for AT LEAST 30 minutes, we may be able to figure this out.
This is because the "check tel line" means that the MAIN BASE UNIT is not detecting a WORKING phone line connection - through the phone CORD that connects the main base unit to the phone jack (in the wall usually).
So may I ask if you HAVE a working phone line - from some service provider in your area?
That is, do you HAVE a working "land line" phone already - that is connected to a working phone?
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)