Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I own a 6.0 phone talking caller . The ringer is turned

Customer Question

I own a 6.0 phone talking cid caller . The ringer is turned off and I don't know how to make the ringer work.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask the FULL Make (brand) & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?
That model SHOULD be printed on the bottom or back of the MAIN BASE UNIT of the system (the LARGER part).
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KX-TG242SK or KX-TG4771
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information.
OK - do you have the Talking Caller ID turned on NOW, and would like to replace it with the "ringer"?
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
While waiting for your response, I believe I have found enough information to answer any questions you may have about the Talking Caller ID and the Ringer volume.
First, I have a link to electronic (PDF) version of the system Manual. (KX-TG477x)
ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/telephone/om/kx-tg477x_kx-tg242_kx-tg243_mul_om.pdf
How to turn OFF or ON the Talking Caller ID is on pages 22 (command code table) and 28 (description).
Also, turning OFF the Talking Caller ID MAY be enough to make the Ringer Active, so I recommend trying that first - before adjusting the ringer volume.
How to adjust the ringer volume is on several pages of the manual, but page 14 seems to have the most concise instructions.
Next, I also have links to a couple of videos that show how to make these adjustments. When you make these changes, I highly recommend having someone make a TEST CALL to your number - from an outside line - to VERIFY that the changes were made and correct.
Link to video about How to turn OFF or ON the Talking Caller ID
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt2bD1WDfl0
Link to video about How to adjust Handset Ringer Volume
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0oYPkVGp2M
One other note: These adjustments MAY need to be done on EACH handset, as one of the "features" of the system is that different handsets can be programmed differently.
I hope this helps. Please let me know your results or if you have any more questions.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)