Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I had purchesed a set of 4 phones # ***** 6429 from amazon. installed

Customer Question

i had purchesed a set of 4 phones # ***** 6429 from amazon. installed them, and then purchased 1 cs6409 to go along with the others, installed, and cannot get it to work. can you help me?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask if the CS6409 is a NEW handset, or used handset?
Also, is there ANYTHING on the display of this extra handset - once it is charged up and sitting in a charger (or the main base unit)?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are both brand new------ nothing on the display right now ------i will check in the morning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when the phone should be fully charged
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
The manuals I have say that the batteries in these handsets should be charged for "10 continuous hours", but you MAY get a display after only 30 minutes or so of charging.
Speaking of manuals, may I ask if you have the FULL manual for this system (about 75 pages), or just a "quick guide"?
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I wanted to send you a link to the electronic (PDF) version of the CS6409 manual - in case you don't have it. The steps to "register" the new handset to the system base unit are shown on page 4 of that manual (page 7 of the PDF).
http://cdn-media.vtechphones.com/media/p/document2/products/%7B9B67F082-6CC0-48CC-B7F2-23C65B10A4F1%7D/CS6409_UM_V3_20141202.pdf
Also, I believe I saw a note somewhere in the CS6429 manual that you can have a MAXIMUM of FIVE handsets registered to a single base.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know your results or if you have any more questions.
Thanks, ***** *****