Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have cordless phone model kx-tga510m model. Had years.

Customer Question

I have cordless phone model kx-tga510m model. Had for 15 years. Just recently, I can't be heard by the party I am calling & when receiving a call I can't be heard either. I can hear the other party fine. Help; tks. Paul
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
May I ask:
1) The Model Number of the MAIN BASE UNIT of the Panasonic phone system you are working with? (the KX-TGA510 model is for a cordless handset).
2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) the TOTAL number of handsets you have with this system and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this same issue?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1.base unit model is kx-tg5100M.
2. At&T
3. Only one handset.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
Sorry for any delay.
May I ask
1) the AGE of this system and if the battery pack has EVER been replaced?
2) if this is the "old style" phone service OR perhaps tied to the "U-verse" system
3) if you have TESTED the "speakerphone" feature of the MAIN BASE UNIT when this is happening - to see if you can be heard by the other party?
4) Does this happen for ALL calls?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. age is about 20 years
2. old style
3. I just did test the base unit speakerphone: same result
4. It does happen on all callstks. Paul
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Paul and thanks for doing that TEST for me.
That tells us that this issue is either a problem with the MAIN BASE UNIT (in relaying your side of the conversation) - OR - an issue with the service itself. I actually suspect the service more than the base unit, but we must TEST further - to verify that.
So the next TEST would be to connect a DIFFERENT phone to the phone line - OR - take your phone (base and handset) to a friend or neighbor's home and TEST it there.
Do you have access to a different phone - such as a basic corded phone - even if you can borrow one from a neighbor or friend? OR do you have a department store, electronics or office supply store, or maybe even a drug store close by, where you could pick up an inexpensive phone for this TEST (where it could be returned if we find that the phone SERVICE is the issue)?
Thanks
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am working on that. Tks for your suggestion.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
You are quite welcome and thanks for letting me know.
I look forward to your results - when you have them.
Thanks