Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

All 4 vtech cordless phones but the answering machine will

Customer Question

all 4 vtech cordless phones but the answering machine will not accept messages and it displays the letter "A". I have read the manual but I can't figure out what to do to eliminate this problem. It is Model i-6785
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of the trouble you are having.
May I ask the AGE of this system and WHEN this issue first began?
May I also ask what phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
One other thing: May I ask if you have access to a DIFFERENT phone line (such as a cell phone or friend/neighbor's phone) - that can be used to place a TEST CALL to your Vtech system?
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I asked about your service provider and a TEST CALL to your Vtech system because often a "voice mail" system (from your provider) can be turned on unexpectedly and this is the way we TEST for that.
I also found the manual for your system (link below), and found that your system MAY be set to "Announcement Only" mode - for the answering system. How to check and/or change that is detailed on page 36.
http://cdn-media.vtechphones.com/ecp/documents/product_Product/949/UserManual/2438/i6785_manual.pdf
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)