Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a old Partner system with three stations. ATT just

Customer Question

I have a old Partner system with three stations. ATT just installed VOIP and two stations on this system work but the one on my desk does not work even though other phones that are tried on the line the ATT tech ran to my office work the desk phone (Lucent) does not work. The ATT tech tells me that the line he ran into my office has a dial tone on it my desk phone will not work with that line. I am located in Evanston/Skokie, IL ************************************** partner system even though it was purchased from originally. Thank you. C.M.XXX

Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
The first thing I would suggest doing is taking the phone that you have on your desk and bring that to one of the other extensions to see if it works. An IP phone should work on any IP extension. However, you must make sure that your plugged into an IP port to use an IP phone. They are not cross compatible between non-IP and IP lines. If the phones work in all locations except for your office, then the problem would have to be with the wiring to your office. It may not be compatible or up to the standard required for an IP phone. In any case, the installer should take care of this and make sure it's working without additional charge.
Please let me know if you have additional questions.