Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a Panasonic Cordless phone system, base unit and three

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Cordless phone system, base unit and three other phones. One phone quit working in the middle of a conversation. Took the batteries out. They were out for almost two days. Inserted new batteries and tried charging it at the original point and at another station. Still no response. I can call my cell phone, but there is no voice exchange. Batteries are installed correctly. Phone Model is KK-TGS652 followed by a B in a black square.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you saying that the other handsets still work fine, but just this one won't respond, and does not appear to charge even with new batteries? Where did you get the replacement batteries?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other handset work. This one that is in question will show the display on the screen. There is no voice exchange. I am using Panasonic batteries identical to what was provided with the original purchased and they were purchased with overnight shipping from Amazon.Com.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming.Since the other handset is working, this points to a faulty handset or a registration glitch.Lets next try to fully reset the system:1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.2) remove batteries from all handsets3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all4) place a handset (the "bad" one) on the main base for a minute, as if to charge5) check for functionality. Let me know the results,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since the other phones are in use, it will be awhile before I can do this. Let's just call it quits. The phone is probably six years old and is probably not worth the $26 it is going to cost. So I am terminating this trial period.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You can certainly do that. You aren't obligated to any ongoing subscription. I do agree this is most likely a hardware fault, and you'll end up needing a new handset (or more realistically, a whole new system) in the end. This was simply a first step in a diagnostic process to reach that point. The way the site works is that I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Any trial or other arrangement you have with the site is between you and them, but they won't credit me for my time without your rating, either way. Best regards,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this. If I’ve answered your question, please take a moment to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. You are also welcome to reply back to me at no extra cost if I can be of any further assistance.
Thank you,