Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

GregWe have the nec 228 hf/disp sysyem is it compatible

Customer Question

Hi Greg
We have the nec 228 hf/disp sysyem is it compatible to do voice ip
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I must honestly say that the model of phone you ask about - if it is an NEC e228 - is not compatible with VoIP phone service. I cannot see nor imagine any way of connecting it to a VoIP service, since it is a cell phone of GSM/UMTS type. If it could - like a much more modern Android-based smartphone - connect to WiFi, it could perhaps use VoIP service that way, but as it is, that seems impossible also. If the model is a different model from the NEC e228 cellular GSM phone, let me know, and I will offer an opinion as appropriate. Thanks.