Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

See previous question. I cannot register my new vetch phone.

Customer Question

See previous question. I cannot register my new vetch phone. The message on the screen keeps saying out of range or no PWR at base. My other vetch phones work in the same location
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
If the new handset will not register, you may have too many handsets already registered.
Try deregistering all handsets - see page 5 of the user manual.
Then register each individual handset again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried numerous times to deregister as you suggested, but the message on the hand set continued to say "out of range . . . no power , etc." It occurred to me that the phone or the battery might be defective, so I took the battery out of a handset which was working and exchanged it for the battery in the handset which was not working. The same message of "no power, etc." came on the screen. I then took the battery out of the handset which was not working and exchanged it for the battery in the handset which was working with the result the handset which had been working was working in the old handset. My conclusion is the handset is defective, and not the battery which is in it is not defective. Now what?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
If the new phone is defective then it should be returned to the retailer for a refund or exchange.