Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I installed a new Linksys N300-NP router and can't get the

Customer Question

I installed a new Linksys N300-NP router and can't get the calls I make to my Panasonic KX-TGD224 from my cellphone to record my calls. The telephone will record calls made by others???
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Perhaps your cellphone is connected by way of the local network. Check whether your cellphone is on 2G/3G/4G service (which it should be, for this sort of test, I think) or on WiFi only and thus on the local network.
If the cellphone is using local networking at the moment, then the firewalling for such communication is different when it originates from a local network source... this is admittedly a guess, but it is worth checking on.
It is of course unlikely, *if* you can actually hear the Panasonic phone's answering machine and speak through your cellphone to it and be heard.... but if it records nothing but silence, then you have a one-way networking problem.
Have you tried picking up the Panasonic phone when your cellphone calls it? and seeing whether you can hear the sound the cellphone is sending? if you cannot, that further confirms the one-way transmission problem in your networking for the Panasonic phone.
If that turns out to be the case, then what is the network path or signal path from the cellphone to the Panasonic phone? Let me know and I will advise you further.
In what manner are you making the call? are you pressing any buttons that an outside caller would not be pressing?