Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Need to change dial 9 on Nortel Meridian to pick up a different

Customer Question

need to change dial 9 on Nortel Meridian to pick up a different line than it does now
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i may have put in two different accounts as this the first time i am using your service
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is anyone there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please call me at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
need to change dial 9 to pick up on line 4 instead of line 1 on a Nortel Meridian telephone system
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are closing up shop here its passed 5:00 pm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
r u there?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I feel it is possible that I may have an answer to your question within several hours - after catching up on other work and doing research to make quite sure I don't give you any wrong information... if you are willing to wait for that long. However, I will need the exact model number, or at least the model series from the cover of the device, for your Nortel phone system box. Not the phone station that people commonly use, but the actual box that all the local phone lines in your office lead to. Please reply with that information. Thanks.(PS: mentioning the model of a phone station in the office your Nortel phone system serves, might help me get my information accurate, if you'd care to mention that too.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a Nortel Meridian ICI. That all i can determine. i can take a picture of it and send it to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a Nortel Meridian Norstar Plus Compact ICS phone system
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the phones are T-7316
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
"to change dial 9 to pick up on line 4 instead of line 1 on a Nortel Meridian telephone system":I have found out how to change what *extension* the 9 button goes to or picks up on, but not yet how to make the 9 button picks up on or go to a line number. It is:FEATURE* 29 [enter the extension #] and there you have the programmed procedure: you have assigned extension # ***** whatever you entered, to the number 9.This will serve as an answer to your question, only *if* your extension numbers are the same as your line numbers! very unlikely, I would guess. But I mention it, for now, on the off chance it might be useful. I will continue my search for what you require.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
If you pressFEATURE*8 1then that performs the function called Move Line. This is described as a feature that allows you to move external lines to different buttons on your telephone.Does that sound right? is it an external line you want to access with the 9 button?If so, then another source calls * 8 1 the 'Move Line Keys' function. If this answers your question, please rate my Answer - favorably - so that I may be paid for the work and care I have spent on your question and its answer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If an extension hits the intercom button on his phone, NOT a line button, and dials 9 for an outside line. This is what i want to program. Dont want to effect the 9 button. I want to change the telephone line that is selected when an extension hits intercom and dials 9.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
So how many external lines does your phone system have? if it has fewer than 4, obviously the 4th external line cannot be selected.
Also: Is line 4, if there is a line 4, part of the 1-4 line pool?
Usually dialing 9 for an outside line simply gets a line that is part of the 1(-4 or so) line pool. Or am I asking too much? I may need to know in order to instruct you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont think you fully understand how to program the Nortel Meridian prostar. So for that reason i will search other alternatives. Thank you for your attemp to resolve this issue.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Very well. I'm sorry I gave that impression, but I want to thank you for your patience, and I hope you do find good help elsewhere. But if other help fails, do come back to this case, and feel free to without prejudice. I'd like to try to help if I can.