Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My relatively new phone keeps showing line is busy how do I

Customer Question

my relatively new phone keeps showing line is busy how do I get rid of this message?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome back to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the phone system. Additionally, is this a fresh/new install? ...or has it been in use for some time and this issue of "...line is busy..." just recent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my home phone system is less than a month old Mod. # *****
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
And as inquired above, were you able to use this phone successfully during that month's of use and this "...line is busy..." just recent problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I have been using the phone last time I talked was on Sunday. Just noticed phone was not working
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand and appreciate the additional information. Please disconnect the base unit's AC adapter and telephone cord from the wall outlet.Wait for 10 minutes.With the KS-TGD220 base unit still disconnected, use another phone or even a cellphone and call the number of the Panasonic. Determine if on the calling phone, the number would ring, be busy or a voice announcement can be heard.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
And on the calling phone, did the number ring, is busy or was there a voice announcement that can be heard?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I called my hoe phone from my cell the line is busy
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Since even with the Panasonic disconnected from the telephone wall outlet the number when called is busy would then make the issue not a problem with the KS-TGD220. Have you tried bringing this to the attention of your home phone service provider?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I believe it is my Panasonic phone, there must be a way for me to delete line in use , when I click I come up with line on hold, the book tells me to click talk to remove hold that does not work. I called customer support di not get any helpthere, I am not happy my cell phone # *****(###) ###-#### ***** someone call me and help me
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
The Panasonic was already disconnected from the telephone line and yet when called, the line is still busy. The Panasonic was only telling you what it detects; "...line is busy..." and as you have found out yourself when you called its number.It is a line problem and not a Panasonic issue.Do you still think that it is a Panasonic problem?