Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My cordless phone is showing line in use, how do i get this

Customer Question

my cordless phone is showing line in use, how do i get this to close so that i can use my phone
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them? 2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?4) Do you have dsl service on the same line? 5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it shows on both phones. phones are hooked thru phone company,no other phones.kx tg6521 model number,
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
What happens when someone calls you? (Busy signal, rings endlessly, goes straight to voicemail, etc?Can you please trying to call yourself now from your cell and see what happens?Then, unplug the phone cord to the panasonic base, and call yourself again, what happens that way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does not ring in.nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it rings on my cell phone, but not on home phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have tried unplugging from jack,wall electricity. nothing
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I understand that, but I'm asking specifically if the ring (when calling in) is any different when the panasonic is plugged in vs not plugged in