Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

How do you shut off the ringers on your phones.

Customer Question

how do you shut off the ringers on your phones.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What brand and model phone system do you have?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model no.KX-TG1032
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TAKE YOUR TIME IT IS ONLY COSTING ME MONEY
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I was typing your answer, but due to your reply I wont be continuing. I am going to opt out and open this to all experts instead.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fine cancle my membership and I will just throw the damn phones in the garbage and go back to landline phones
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Different expert here - let's see if I can help.
May I ask the ask the CURRENT STATE of the ringers on your handsets, and if you want to CHANGE them to a different state (condition)?
Thanks
NOTE: Please understand that I do not work for or represent Panasonic or any other phone company, but can most likely help you with this issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we get a lot of telamarketers starting a 7 am so we want to turn the ringers off so no phones ring outload
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I understand. It seems that these types of calls have become an epidemic in some areas, and they seem to get to be even MORE when "election time" rolls around.
So may I ask if you still have the manual for your system?
I only ask in case you may want to reference the manual in the future AND because this is one of the "older generation" phone systems that may require going through the "menu system" of the phone.
Please let me know about the manual, as I can get you an electronic copy - if needed.
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I didn't see a response to my last note, but wanted to send the following before I sign off for the night.
First, here is a link to the Electronic (PDF) version of the manual, in case you want to keep that on your computer. When you use that link, the manual SHOULD appear on your screen, and you should be able to SAVE it from that screen.
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/KXTG1032.pdf
You should be able to find the instructions for setting the "ringer volume" (through the menu system) on page 24, but you may want to look at the top of page 23 first, to get the STEPS for how to navigate the menu system.
Basically, you will START when the handset is NOT in use (not on a call) by picking up the handset and pressing the MENU button, then SCROLLING through the selections on the display, then pressing the "OK" button.
As you get "deeper" into the sub-menus, you continue that sequence until you reach the "ringer volume", and then you can SCROLL through the different "levels" (including OFF), using the UP and DOWN arrow keys. Once you have the level you want, then you press OK one more time (to make the change), then press the OFF button - to exit the programming.
Now since you do not want to hear the ring of these calls, you MAY not want to hear any messages that are left, or your greeting - if they stay on the line that long. If that is the case, you may also want to turn OFF the "Call Screening" feature of the system (assuming you have the answering system turned ON).
The "menu tree" (as I call it) is shown on page 23, and you will want to set the Call Screening feature to OFF (it is ON by default).
I hope this helps and is clear. Please let me know if you have any problem seeing the manual I linked to, or going through the steps for any part of this programming. I'm here almost every day to help.
Thanks, ***** *****
P.S. I should be back on about 8-9 hours from now, so if you have any other issues, just let me know.
(im)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
You are quite welcome.
Please let me know if you have any more issues or questions.
And please take a moment to rate my service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this issue.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
(im)